Behind the Mind Training T&C’s
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are put in place for the safety and welfare of our clients and their dogs of Behind the Mind Training and Behaviour.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and any changes will take immediate effect. It is the clients responsability to read and keep up to date with Behind the Mind Training terms and conditions.
- Bookings for one to one sessions will be confirmed via email, if given, and full payment must be taken on the first appointment.
- If purchasing a bulk sessions to receive discount the booking must be made prior to the first session.
- Travel costs may apply to those that live futher than 25 miles from B98 area. This will be discussed prior to booking.
- Cancellations – if you need to cancel a session we can rearrange this to a suitable time given 48 hours notice. Less than 48 hours notice to delay a session and you may still be charged for the appointment.
- Behind the Mind Training may consider true emergencies on a one to one bases and reschedule without charge.
- If the consultation over runs the allocated consulation time of 30 minutes or more each additional hour started will be charged £65.
- Ongoing support includes email support (3 or 6 months, depending on the paid package) to discuss your case. Further support can be purchased at £65 an hour.
- In an emergancy emails will be responded too with 48hours whilst others may take longer depending on case load.
- Behind the Mind Training will not take responsibility for misinterpretation of advice. Many external factors influence behaviours and we cannot guarantee our training advice will be successful without controlling all of these other factors.
- For behavioural problems a behaviour consultation is recommended to work to alter dangerous and stressful behaviours. Animal aggression can cause injury, including fatalities. Treatment for aggression is not a guarantee of success and modifying behaviour does not assure the aggression will be successfully controlled. It is your responsibility to ensure safety of people and other animals with regards to your pet. Safety precautions will be advised and may include; limited access to people/animals, being kept on lead, wearing a muzzle and use of gates around the home. We cannot take responsibility for behaviour of your dog outside of training sessions with us.
- Behind the Mind Training strongly recommend all dog owners have pet insurance including third party liability cover.
All client details are kept in confidence and not passed onto a third party for promotional use. Email addresses are used to inform clients of services and activities as well as current bookings and notes. If you would no longer like to receive emails from Behind the Mind Training please let me know.
- During training I may take photographs or videos of dogs learning and family members may be captured in these photos. These are to be used in both educational and promotional materials. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you give consent for Behind the Mind Training to use these materials as stated above including on social media and on our website.
- We will not use photos with children in unless agreed with their parents/guardians.
Delay of sessions
Behind the Mind Training reserve the right to cancel training sessions (1-2-1 training and behaviour consults) at our discretion. It is infrequent but if Behind the Mind Training need to reschedule a session, such as in an emergency or due to adverse weather conditions including extreme heat, you will be offered a replacement date. This will be a dat suitable to you for 1-2-1 training and behaviour consults.
- Only force-free, science based methods will be used during training.
- No aversive training methods will be allowed including:
- choke chains
- half chokes
- electric collars
- spray collars
- slip leads
- tightening harnesses
- head collars
- prong collars
- pet correctors.
- Therefore any other method which causes pain or fear, or any item I deem inappropriate are not allowed. If you do not comply we reserve the right to stop training without refund.
- We also strongly recommend you do not use these methods away from training with us.