Behind the Mind’s Covid-19 T&C’s
Behind the Mind Training and Behaviour would like to say a massive THANKYOU to all the brilliant key workers who work tirelessly day in and day out. Not only just for the NHS workers but for all the individuals that are keeping the country going – too many to name however as rescue has been a big part of my life I would like to thank everyone keeping the animals safe too.
Terms and Conditions/Covid-19 working Guidelines
DEFRA have produced guidelines for OUTDOOR dog training to enable dog trainers to get back to work.
DEFRA is the Government Department responsible for the industry sector of dog training and dog trainers.
When booking a consultation, you automatically agree to the following guidelines:
- Behind the Mind Training will only conduct all training and behaviour consultations OUTDOORS, meaning that your consultation will not commence indoors of your own property. Therefore, it would be acceptable for the client to drive to the agreed destination.
- There will be no physical contact between the trainer and owner and social distance must always be maintained, (I will be wearing my own PPE such as gloves and face mask).
- Owners from dogs or self-isolating households pose a significant higher risk to the trainer and the client must inform Behind the Mind Training prior to the consultation.
- Behind the Mind Training have the right to cancel and/or reschedule your consultation if I feel the above guidelines are not being adhere to.
- During your training session, the instructor and the client must continue to keep two meters apart whenever possible.
- Both parties must take appropriate measures to reduce the risk of transmission such as gloves and a face mask must be worn.
- There should also be no physical contact from the trainer and the client or the dog.
- Training sessions can be continued in either a secure area outdoors, public place and or in your garden.
Therefore, I will be continuing offering training session over the forthcoming weeks! I have made extra availability to ensure I can get you all in and catch up with those that I was not able to see prior to going into lockdown. However, there are some regulations that I will be putting into place to not only keep you safe but also me and my family safe too. My guidelines are:
- If meeting in your garden you must ensure your garden is more than 2 meters in length – I will not attend and/or offer training in gardens that you cannot physical socially distance such as small court yard type gardens. This is not applicable to Tier 4 areas.
- There must be direct access to your garden such as a side gate to enter. If there is not direct access, then I will not be able to offer you training at this time.
- All personal protective equipment must be worn from both parties such as gloves (not essential) and a face mask or covering – (essential)
- You must inform me if you are showing symptoms or self – isolating as soon as possible
- There will be no in-house training consultations available until lockdown has been lifted by the PM and the local government.
- I will only be offering one consultation per day to reduce the risk of cross contaminating from one household to another.
- For those that do not have direct access to a garden we can meet on a walk or a local park.
For those that are unable to adhere to the above then Zoom calls/meeting will be offered however, if you are a new customer then this may not be offered, depending on issue/behaviour concern you are having.
If you have any questions regarding the T&C’s please contact me on either:
Keep safe and see you all soon
CertHE, APDT 01345